479. There shall be two linespersons, one at either side of the field. They may be appointed by the referee, County Board, Provincial or Central Council or their sub committees.
480. The linespersons duties shall be:
- To decide where the ball crosses the sideline and to which team the sideline kick is to be awarded.
- Point the flag in the direction in which the sideline kick is to be taken.
- Deal with and bring to the referees attention, any incidents which the referee may not have seen, or incursions onto the field of play by the team managers, coaches, selectors or unauthorised persons.
481. The Linespersons may change sides at half time.